Saturday, October 31, 2009

If a person is seriously injured on someones rented prop.,who's liable for med. bills?

I was riding someones horse,that kept begging me to come by and do so. I was thrown off,onto a pile of rocks,breaking my neck,and leg.I had to be lifeflighted to Hosp.,underwent 10 hrs.,surgery,and now have a plate,and 6 screws in my leg and 17 screws in my neck.Obviously unable to return to my seasonal job,I have no income! Who is liable for the bills?
Answer:
You didn't mention the state this took place in so it's hard, no it's impossible to tell. You may want to ask legal aid, it's free and you'll get the right advice.PS When people were telling you to "get screwed" they didn't mean it like this. (My brother told me that when I laid in a hospital bed with two "plates" and six screws in my neck).
if they have renters insurance, which they SHOULD, they would be liable.
Renters insurance and the proerty owner's insurance should cover this, file a claim.
Who does the horse belong too? That person should be notified.....
The person renting the property should have insurance coverage, which would include liability. However, those policies may only have $100,000 - $300,000 worth of coverage. You may also have to go against the property owner's insurance to get yourself back on your feet again. I would contact an attorney, as this is serious.
I'm sorry about your accident.
Did THEY scare your horse and make it throw you?
YOU chose to ride the horse.
YOU should be responsible.
Unless you can hold the horse responsible, then the horse pays. ;)
If I rented a car and crashed onto someone else's property, how can they be responsible for my injuries?
The 3 words I hate to use.contact an attorney.
If you've injured on actual property, like you fall off the porch, or you step into a hole in the house, things like that, then the homeowners are responsible. You chose to ride the horse, and, I hate to say it, but, you are responsible for your medical bills. You would have to show homeowner negligence in order to receive retribution. You made the decision to ride, even though you were invited, it's your responsibility.
The homeowner's property insurance should be covering your costs. As far as a permanent disability and income, you certainly must seek legal advice from an attorney, I've no idea what kind of settlement you would be getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net