Sunday, October 25, 2009

IBS question?

I suffer with a type of IBS. Every morning I have to use the loo a minimum of 4 times as I cannot "empty" myself properly. This means I am late for work every day. The problem goes on through-out the day and I cannot be away from a toilet for more than 20 minutes without worrying. Any ideas? My doctor cannot help and my diet makes no difference.
Answer:
My doctor gave me 2 types of medication one had to be taken 3 times daily and another type should things get really bad or if I was going out to take it (thankfully I have not had to use the 2nd one) Talk to your doctor again and see what they can prescribe as there are things out there. Also stressing yourself will not help it will make it worse, try and keep yourself calm and relaxed
My doctor gave me some medication to help, it was peppermint based.
Other than getting up earlier, i really think you should see another doctor.
I done a food diary to see which food upset me the most, and then i cut it out, i found cheese was the worst for me, good luck as i know it is a pain to have it.
Something peppermint based or maybe try aloe vera capsules.
I have that diagnosis and I have had to go to many doctors to get it right. First of all IBS is mind related. If you are stressed or under stress you will make you stomach constrict and that will cause the cramping. The doctor can help by prescribing meds that relax the colon and stomach muscles as well as relieve the anxiety. They Clidinium and Dicyclomine This way you can research the Meds yourself. I am dealing with this myself, and it has caused my to loose alot of weight.
The sooner you deal with it, the better your body will react. especially with these meds, I hardly go to the bathroom as much.
Also, fiber can help you, but if you 4 times a day then it wont do anything but make it worse. I suggest going to a gastroineraologist, (I may have spelled it wrong) but they go to school just for these issue and tend to have the best advice. Do not settle for one doctors opinion.
I hope this helps,
I use colpermin which helps to relieve the symptons- painful spasms. bloating with wind, constipation and or diarrhoea.I have also found that i have needed to cut dairy foods- i only drink goats milk now, and pastries and wheat, sugary and fizzy drinks and coffee.You need to identify what triggers yours then eliminate it from your diet- i have been a lot better since i have cut the above from my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net