Sunday, October 25, 2009

I woke up last night and my toe hurt SO bad I couldn't even get back to sleep! I didn't injure it?

It hurts on the top part of my big toe, right behind the toenail. It is all red and swollen! I am freaking out because it hurts to walk! And I know I didn't do anything to injure it because I was sleeping. Any ideas? And don't say go to the doctor because a.)It's Sunday and b.)My insurance doesn't start for another month lol but I guess I will tomorrow if I have to.
Answer:
Sounds like a paronychia, or bacterial/fungus infection of the nail bed. it may break open and pus will come out by itself, or a soak in hot water with some epsom salts added may help relieve the pain and swelling. I'd open the infected area with a scalpel if it was my toe, but that's a bit much for the average person.
Ingrown toe nail?
It could be gout...my uncle has it and i think my grandma was describing it as servere pain in his feet and toes...and it all had to do with what he ate...so now hes on some diet cuz its certain foods that do it too him...hope this helps!
Good Luck!
Maybe you cut you nails to short or you cut it wrong. I think its ingrown. Ask someone 2 fix this.
yeah u have an ingrown toenail, its when the corner of ur toenails grow into the side of ur toe coz u dont clip them properly, i had it a year or two back i had an opperation and it cost me 200 bucks i hope theres an easier way for u...
You owe it to yourself to let a doc check this one. I know what you said, and I've been "in your spot" in the past. Sometimes, you do what you have to do. See if the doc will allow you to pay it out. Tell them your insurance doesn't start for another month.
You may have an infection. Take a mild anti-inflammatory like aspirin or Ibuprofen. Also, put some antibacterial ointment under the toe if possible. Put some ice or an ice bag on top of the toe. You're not going to die! If it still hurts tomorrow, see the doctor.
sounds like gout...but it could be nothing...or it could be something..
raynauds phenomenen...
...etc..etc...i'd go and get it checked out just to be on the safe side...hopefully its nothing...cross fingers...
Sounds like an infection under the nail. It could be bacterial or fungal.The body has bacteria everywhere, not just on the surface of the skin. Sometimes there are factors that cause the bacteria to grow and cause an infection that will require treatment if it doesn't go away by itself.Since yours seems to be getting worse and not better, you will probably need medication. To let it continue to get worse might require surgery, so, insurance or not, you may have to suck it up and go to the doctor.If it is a fungal infection, it too will need medication.
It could be the Gout, I have it and that is what happened to me, I went to bed O.K. and woke up with a very sore ankle and it was the Gout, a blood test can tell, good luck
ohhhh im pretty sure i know what might've happened.
im thinking you have an ingrown toe-nail.
if its puffy on the side or the top and when you press you toenail it hurts
EXTREMELY bad then yes.
after a while white stuff comes out of it..
its really gross.
theres many things you can do...
*since you dont want to go to the doctor you can go to a nail salon and they can cut the ingrown toe-nail out.
* you can go to any drug-store or walmart..etc.
and get stuff which you soak your foot in..or any other medication that has to do with ingrown toenails.
* put rubbing alcohol on it and the other stuff that bubbles and takes the germs out (sorry forgot what its called)
* you can take a nail filer and file it on top of the toe-nail till its a little thiner..this works VERY effectively because it allows all the medication etc. to get in (i recommend this before doing any of the above)
* you can also search up ingrown toe-nail etc.***THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS DO NOT LET THIS SIT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE..BECAUSE IF YOU WAIT TO LONG THEN IT MIGHT GET INFECTED AND THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO GO INTO SURGERY(NO JOKE)good luck and i hope your toe gets better.
:D-maddy
I agree with At Wit's End, If it's an infection at the nail's base, near the cuticle, and not open and exuding pus, it's an abcess. hydrogen peroxide and ointments will be worthless since they won't be able to reach the infected area under the skin. soaking it until the infection comes to a head may help, but I'd get to a doctor ASAP.
gout until proven otherwise. blood test may show elevated uric acid or not. Colchicine tabs can relieve the symptoms fairly quickly if it is gout. Drink more water, cut out too much meat, red wine. If it is messing with your joints it might mess with your kidneys also. It could be infection, or spider bite, or?
Hey Azrielle,I have reoccuring gout and it sounds like you have gout as well. Did you drink red wine last night? Have red meat? Have Asparagus? Those are some of the major triggers of gout. I had all 3 one night for dinner and the next morning I woke up about 3 am in HORRIBLE pain. Now I can tell when an attack is on the way, because my big toe get's a little sore. Drink LOTS of WATER! It will help flush out your system!from wikipedia.org: Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is an old remedy, thought to work by raising blood pH (lowering blood acidity). However, the added sodium may be inappropriate for some people.Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net