Saturday, October 31, 2009

If I don't keep my lacerated foot elevated, can I lose it?

I was cut by glass in the pool here in China, and I almost lost 30% of my "ring" toe. It was cut from top to the web between my "ring" toe and my little toe. The cut just barely grazed the bone. There seems to have been no damage to the bone or to any tendons, but I fear that if I don't keep it elevated, the pressure going to it can interrupt or disrupt the healing process. The part that kept it from being lost in the pool was a bit of skin 2mm wide.You're asking why I don't keep it elevated. My job demands that I be in the office everyday, and go from one room to the next, up and down stairs. Can I lose my toe, or the use of it? The part that was severed has no feeling.Please help!
Answer:
there is always the possibility but i would keep the cut clean.i lost my left leg due to diabetes plus a lot of other health problems. if you smoke stop it could cause gangrene to set in. when you get home put your foot up as long as ou can. try not to walk any extra on it, ut needs time to heal
you probably wont loose your toe, the elevation is too keep swelling down which in turn keeps pain down. when you do get the chance to sit down, just prop up your foot on a box or upsidedown trash can. this will help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net