Sunday, October 25, 2009

I went for an Upper GI series. It came back negative. I have frequent heartburn..could this be GERD?

They said everything looks fine, nothing is wrong. but I keep getting these bad pains, I was on Pepcid but now I have to switch to Prilosec? what is the difference? I also take Maalox..Please help.
Answer:
There is one defenant way to test for GERD.
That's a 24HR Ph study.
It involves placing a small thin tube doen your nose and throat into you stoamch and left for 24 hours. Any stomach reactions will be recorded.
It's not pleasent to put in but once they are in they are fine.There is no real difference between Pepcid and Prilosec as they both releave indegestion. Or that's what there designed for.My bet is GERD. But I'm not a DOctor but have had my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net