Sunday, October 25, 2009

I would like to quit drinking alcohol. But couldn't stay away as much as I wished. Help???X!!!?


Answer:
I am no expert on the subject, but in the past I have been a VERY heavy drinker, drinking 10-15 pints of cyder every day.
I realised -like you- that drinking was no good for me, as it was destroying my life being drunk all the time.
One day I thought to myself that I DIDN'T have a drink problem, and that I had gotten myself into a routine where every day I would do the same thing.
I changed this by starting to go out every other day, say Mon, Weds, Fridays and Sundays. Yes, only three days to start but it was something. After a few weeks I cut this drinking down even further, and now after 2 years I only go out and drink once maybe twice a week. I do get blathered of course, I enjoy a drink and doubt I will ever stop. But if pushed I would and could.
Try breaking your routine, it might work. Good luck.
i to went through this when i wanted to quit drinking what i done was everytime i wanted to drink i would grab something that ws my fav drink and drink on it and then went to lollipops every time i had the urge to drink. and when i wanted something that tasted good like i was actually drinking i would go to the store and buy the bacardi mixers pina colda in the freezer section. made me think i was drinking one but with no alcohol. i know this isnt much and prolly wont help but i do wish you luck on finding something that can take your mind off of it when you do want a drink
couldn't stay away?
from the pub? have low alcohol drinks if need one - they will help you to cut down
I think drinking is just a matter of sharing, I have a problem stopping when I get started.But if I were to stop drinking...I would try to occupied my time doing something else...try exercise...gardening...watchin DVD...or even go to a brothel...
I wish I could help you, but all I can do is tell you about me. I use to drink, been in a few re-habs. They say you have to reach bottom, I don't think I had a bottom. 12 steps didn't work for me, not suposed to be religous, but everything is GOD this and GOD that, guess that's why it didn't work for me. But guess what? I don't drink anymore. BAD car wreck tn 89. They didn't think I would live. Waited 6 hours to operate. I was in the hospital 7 months. I don't drink now for fear of falling out of the wheelchair, yes wheelchair. I can't crawl, roll or anything if I get on the floor and I live alone. People are amazed how I accept being like this, to me, it's better than drinking. E-mail me if I can help you. No 12 step talk.
drink a none alcoholic such as Odoul's. It pretty much tastes the same but you don't have the mind numbing affects.
It's not going to be a snap, I quit 1000 times until the last one worked, it's been years now. The most important part is, to decide to quit, then without telling anyone chose a day in future ( a week, a month, 6 month... that will be your quiting day) you can quit or drink till that day %26 if drink then drink alot 2-3 days prior to that day, till you get sick of it, BUT... when you wake up that day, only you know that you'll not going to drink anymore (Chosing a day in future helps you to mentaly get prepard). After that day you should try anything that personaly will help you. I mean your way of quiting, try others openions but test it to find out which one is most suitable to you, lot of sacrifises you should do... Keep a safe distance from people who drink, specialy friends and family without telling them that you trying to quit, keep it a secret, you'll be stronger, scip partys, any gatherings that envolved with alcohol, plan to do somthing else %26 let them know why you can't go, keep a safe distance from ANYTHING that makes you crave alcohol ( TV, surtain music, sadness, food, games, restaurants.) just try to snap out of it, I also agree with what ~*White wrote you. Any excuses come to your mind, the answer is ALWAYS "NO", NO...NO...NO. My life has completely changed, it's like I was'nt living %26 suddenly I woke up %26 I feel I'm living now. It's hard to describe how truely happy can you be. You, my friend have already done the most difficult part. "Decide to Quit". My best wishes.
You should start exercising, running making yourself busy there are also a lot of support groups and counceling that is available.
a hobbie usually takes your mind off things
dont fight it,,, i say every week i wanna quit!! but unless its doing you serious harm then why should you. enjoy ya sen you only live once.. unless you is an alcoholic in that case sorry cant help. x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net