Saturday, October 31, 2009

If my shoes bother me Y is it always my right foot but my left foot is left unharmed?

Okay this is probably a silly question. I have always noticed that if any of my shoes hurt my foot its always my right foot, and not my left. Like I just bought a pair of sandels and the tong part hurts my toes on my right foot, but my left foot is as comfy as can be. Last month I bought a pair of shoes and when I went for a walk the heel part dug into my right heel and left a painful "owey" while my left foot was just fine.
Anyone know why this is happening? Anything I can do to stop it?? Serious answers only please.
P.S. Its not all shoes that do this to me.
Answer:
Most people have one foot that's a little bigger/wider than the other. It's usually not a whole size, but can be enough to inflict pain while you are breaking in the shoes. Next time your at a department store have one of the clerks size both of your feet. There will likely be a slight difference.
Your right foot is probably slightly differently shaped and/or sized than your left.
Our feet are not the same on either side. You could see a podiatrist for some suggestions. The way you walk also has a lot to do with how our feet develop. I have lived with this my whole life. It is always my little toes which mess up my right foot. I had toe surgery to realign my little toe and it did help a lot.
Your right foot is prob larger, wider, or shaped differently from the left foot. A shoe stretcher can really help. I stretch my right shoes slightly everytime. Or your right foot's arch could be lower or higher. See if arch supports work if the stretching doesn't. Pop into a shoe store and have them measure it, width and length. Good luck!
your right foot is probaly a little bigger than your left, its really common, it makese it sometimes difficult to buy shoes but you could try going up half a size, ie i wear size 9 and in your case i would up it to a 9 1/2. the reason its not all shoes is because some styles may rub your foot the wrong way. if uping your size dosent help, try using somthing like gel insoles.hope that helps!
Because no one's feet match exactly. Your right foot may be slightly longer, wider, or the arch may be lower etc.. For sore spots on the heel, in a pinch, (not a pun) put a piece of Scotch tape on your heel where it rubs - on your skin not on the shoe. If you can get to the store one of those super thin stick-on plastic callous pads work for this, too. Definitely cover it %26 keep it clean. If it gets infected, it will hurt worse.
i have found out that our feet grow 1/2 inch every 5 or so years and one foot is usually bigger than the other. best thing to do is actually measure at the shoe store both feet and you might be surprised. i had a friend that actually had one foot 9 and the other 11. so nothing surprises me and she did have a hard time buying shoes but you really didn't notice unless she said something. i dought that yours are that different but may be 1/2 -1 inch different. and defiantly buy the shoes that are comfortable when you put them on and don't think that your going to "break them in" it wont happen and you and you feet will be much happier.
Every person has one foot larger than the other so therefore rubbing can occour on one foot rather than the other.
Also you have to remember one side of you is the dominant half so say you're right handed generally your right leg will be the more dominant one which takes on the role of holding you up, taking more pressure, you might walk on it harder and other factors like these.
I'd suggest going to a "proper" shoe shop and getting your feet sized and measured (in both length and width) So you might end up being a size 38 D in one foor and a size 38 1/2 E in the other. Good luck and I hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net