Sunday, October 25, 2009

IBS during pregnancy?

I have never been diagnosed with IBS, however I believe I have it. I am in the process of changing my PCP since she's an idiot. (She doesn't believe that I am pregnant...I am 25 weeks into my 4th pregnancy). I have shown signs of relatively mild IBS for years, but it was never enough to really bother me into having it checked out. My husband was diagnosed almost a year ago with severe IBS. Well, now I'm in this pregnancy with an idiot Dr. and having severe pain. There doesn't seem to be any foods that I've found to avoid, as nothing seems to make it worse. Any food makes it worse. I am drinking lots of water per my OB's orders. I'm trying to eat healthy. It has gotten to the point that I cannot care for my other children without someone else here in case I have an attack. The attacks only last about a minute, but it's crippling. At this time I do have an extrememly high stress load but I'm trying to get things to calm down. Any one have any ideas on what will help until I get a new Dr?
Answer:
i just have to know are the attacks a crippling piercing pain like severe gas bloating? if so i know Exactly what you are talking about i'd suggest beano and lay off dairy try some lactose free milk and if you get an attack i try to lay on my side in a fetal position and it usually helps
i know how horribly frustrating and debilitating it can be an no doctor can really help you they think they've seen it all and tend to not believe or just act like they don't care
well good luck
call the OB or go to the ER.
i didnt read your details, but i can tell you that it's the wrong hole.
Avoid sugar and caffeine. Add fiber to your diet slowly, but surely. %26lt;I like ground flax seed in yogurt%26gt;. Take acidophilus. Make sure that you get some extra magnesium %26lt;preferably citrate%26gt; at night. Do you have a water filter? You may want to try that, too. Good luck!IBS is no fun at all. I've been battling it for years. I have started taking Mangosteen Juice, with the rind in it, and it has helped.
The things above help ,too. Taking a walk is good too, but not too far from the plumbing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net