Saturday, October 31, 2009

If I do this now, will it make things worse later?

I have had a sore throat all week and I am so very tired of it. I have medicine and junk but they are taking too long to make my sore throat go away. Unfortunately the only thing I have been able to eat is oatmeal and soup. I am craving real solid food. I want a pizza or hamburgers or a full three course meal so badly. I haven't been eating much food at all because of illnesses i've been dealing with for a few weeks. So I was thinking maybe I could get Chloraseptic and numb my throat up and then eat whatever I want to. Would that work? Also if I did that would it make my throat feel worse once the spray wears off? Thanks.
Answer:
I agree with everyone else you need to go back to doctor. Some antibiotics do not always work the first time around. You may very well need a different antibiotic. If your doctor gave you an antibiotic the first time it means you have some kind of bacterial infection possibly strep. If you have strep like one other person said and it goes untreated it can lead to more serious conditions one being kidney failure. Although it would take a long time for kidney failure but you see it is important to take care of. You really need to get back to your doctor or at least call him/her and let them know you are still having symptoms he may just call a new antibiotic in to your pharmacy. In the mean time I agree you need to stay away from the spicy and high acid foods. You may want to let your doctor know you are having these craving and how limited your diet has been for three weeks now. It may be that your body is lacking some nutrients because of your limited diet. This is often why we crave certain foods. If this is the case your doctor or his nurse may be able to counsel you on what you can eat until your throat is better to get those nutrients you are lacking. It may be as simple as adding a vitamin supplement. This may help curb the cravings. I hope you get better soon!
Just see or phone a doctor . Hope it helps !
Go to the doctors it sounds like you have strept, you need some medication.What helps when I get strept is to suck on hard candy, it coats your throat, so then I can manage to get down something solid. (Jolly ranchers are the best.)Also, tea tea tea tea tea tea. Tea is wonderful for sore throats. I could eat anything after sipping some tea. Try mixing some honey and lemon juice too. Or gargling salt water.Medication is the way the sore throat will really go away, though. I wouldn't try to numb my throat, it sounds a bit too risky. I would say that it'd make things worse later, just go to the doctor.
You may have strep throat and need some serious antibiotics. Strep, if untreated, can lead to other more serious illnesses.
You do not want to eat anything that has crunch or rough surfaces like pizza crust or crackers or even salad. Cut out anything acidic like tomatoes as well. So, pizza may not be the best choice.
Try a small hamburger with no lettuce or tomato, small bites.
Finally, See a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net