Saturday, October 31, 2009

If I go to the doctor and tell them this... what are they likely to prescibe me?

I have been having alot of problems with anxiety lately- I have always been kind of a nervous person and had alot of problems with being nervous around people- but now that I've graduated from high school and have the responsibility of working part time and going to college at the same time my life has become more stressful and I am just anxious all the time- I'm so keyed up that I grind my teeth and alot of times I can't sleep- sometimes its so bad my chest gets tight and my throat hurts and my chest aches slightly... I can't concentrate on anything, so it is increasingly interfering with my studying and I have contemplated quiting my job over it- but I like my job although I think a big part of the anxiety comes from dealing with so many people every day- I work in a dept. store- well, I don't want to or have the resources to quit my job... and school is part of the stress too. for the past 2 years this has been really bad and seems to only be getting worse.
Answer:
If you have any doctor who knows your history,you should have no promblem getting klonipin in a therauputic dose. Not any thing to slow you down but enough to stay calm. SSRI 's .are generally used to treat underlying conditions and may be prescribed. Your confidence in stressfull sitiuations should improve,and gradually discontinue the medications!
Paxil.It has been approved for treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well as depression (both of which may be applicable to you). It is non addictive, and the side effects are generally minimal (or non existant).Best of luck to you,
~M~p.s. You would be well served to see a PSYCHAITRIST rather than your general practitioner for your first script. In the same way that you don't have your allergist adminster anesthesia, you don't have your general practitioner prescribe psychotropic medications. Psychiatry is a speciaty for a very, very good reason.
First let me congratulate you on standing on your own feet, working and going to school and supporting yourself. I did it from college all the way to M.D. degree. My secret was my job. I worked as a security guard, sitting in an empty building after hours and studying while I was working. no stress, not too many people to deal with. I suggest you do the same. Your life is to precious to waste it in a department store. You need your time to study. If you go to doc, make sure they won't give you Prozac. The thoughts of suicide will increase in young adults who take Prozac or any SSRI (selective serotonin receptor inhibitors). My advice to you would be to take lots of vitamins (B complex specially), eat right and workout regularly. You go girl.
Most of my family has depression, including me. But, my sister has anxiety disorder, and she takes Effexor, but, the answer before me stated Paxil, which is also good to! Hang in there my friend, you will be ok, I promise.
i feel for you. i have had aniexty/panic attacks since i was a teenager. there are several things they can give you depending on how severe the aniexty is. they have buspar which is an every day pill u would take and then there are valuim and other drugs like this that you would only take when you were having aniexty problems they can be very addicting and knock you on your butt too. try something mild at first but ask the doctor for a back up prescription.
good luck
I'm not sure exactly. A commonly prescribed anti-anxiety drug is: ATAVAN. I strongly recommend that you stay away from anti-depressants such as Celexa, Paxil, Zoloft, %26 Prozac. The aforementioned list of meds has potentially dangerous side effects; especially when wrongly prescribed! Seek the advice from your primary care physician first, and before a seeking the advice of a mental health care professional. Mental health care doctors are sometimes too willing/eager to prescribe the inappropriate pill.
as many have said, like an SSRI (celexa, paxil, zoloft, etc) or an anti-anxiety drug like buspar. if you don't have suicidal thoughts at baseline, then i wouldn't be concerned about starting an SSRI. the people that usually commit suicide are those that already had those thoughts, then became motivated with the new meds. i think you may have panic disorder more than an anxiety disorder (the chest pain/tightness is likely a panic attack).
You most likely have GAD
Generalized Anxiety Disorder.They will prolly give you Xanax...(for anxiety)
or another drug for it.I don't know why you would wait this long to go to a doctor. But whatever. Seems like a lot of unneeded **** to me.Get some meds girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net