Sunday, October 25, 2009

I went to sleep with a headache, thinking it would go away, but it didn't...?

It's lasted for about 16 hours now. I took aspirin which has made it feel better the past four hours, but it's coming back now. Do headaches often last this long? I'm not sure what's causing it, I don't believe I've had enough caffeine lately to make this a caffeine withdrawal headache. Is there anything I can do to make the headache go away besides aspirin?
Answer:
Sounds like you have a migraine which can last several hours. Is your pain centered on one spot of your head or is it all over? Make sure you eat something wholesome today like a sandwich and fruit but no real junk food. I usually take Excedrin for my migraine and it goes away but u can't mix Excedrin with anything else... like aspirin. It needs to be taken once your body is all free of any other pain relievers. You could also have a sinus headache which can happen due to allergies.
I have been suffering from migraines for the past couple of months just about everyday! I was taking 4 Ibuprofen every 4 to 6 hours. You might want to check with your doctor if it continues. It could also be the sun. I get headaches a lot from the sun. So maybe try the Ibuprofen or Excedrin works good to.
A lot of factors to consider. It depends on what type of headache you're dealing with. If it continues, you may want to see your physician. Consider a foot massage (under the balls of your feet). If you have a particular sore point, that may be the place to focus on. At the base of your head on your neck can be another place to try.
Nerve endings can be located at unusual places and massaging those areas can help for some headaches.
And actually some caffeine is good for headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net