Sunday, October 25, 2009

I went to A&E with an eye injury on tuesday. the doctor i saw gave me the wrong treatment,who do i complain to

i had an examination,but thanks to him giving me no ointment i had to go back today. the doctor i saw today told me i should never have been given eye drops,i should have been given eye ointment instead. due to the first doctor giving me the wrong medication i now have an infection in my eye and the pain is horrid. who do i complain to about this obvious neglegence from this doctor. i have had so much trouble with this hospital,as when i had my baby last year by c-section i caught MRSA from the surgical staff. this hospital is disgustingly dirty. in my room there was blood on the curtains and they never changed my bed linen in the 3 days i was in there,even though they were covered in blood. i had a tube drain in my wound as i was also sterilised at the same time as having my baby. when they removed this tube the midwife then left it in the sink in my room for most of the day. what the hell is happening to our hospitals?? they are in my experiances,becoming a dangerous place to be!
Answer:
In the first instance you should put it in writing to the chief executive. They should conduct a full investigation and if you still aren't happy you can get the Healthcare commission involved there is some very good info on their web site.
You shouldn't have to pay anything to sue the hospital most clinical negligence claims are done on no win no fee basis.
You could also get copies of your records while you are at it , it will save time in the long run and you are entitled under the Data Protection Act.
what country are you in?
I agree. I work in an old peoples home and if a resident gets admitted to hospital, they almost always come back to us with MRSA.
there should be a complaints department at the hospital, in Wales ours is by the ambulance department in outpatients
you haven't said which country your in and name of hospital so be a bit more liberal and i can help you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net