Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If you use hand sanitizer for your hands, do you need to wash your hands after?

I went to the hospital today to visit my friend who had a heart attack. I got some hand sanitizer in the front desk and I went up to see my friend. I didn't know if I should be washing my hands or not because it felt weird and sticky. Is that how hand sanitizer is supposed to be like? When I was on my way out, someone I was talking with told me that I should put hand sanitizer on my hands again. But I really felt like I should wash my hands instead. What is the right thing to do?
Answer:
Alcohol hand sanitizer should be rubbed into your hands until it dries. You should use the hand sanitizer or wash your hands when you leave the hospital. Usually a good thing to use as you head into the hospital too so you don't accidentally bring germs to someone who is very sick. No need to wash your hands after using hand sanitizer. The only time you would really need to wash your hands instead of use hand sanitizer is if your hands were visibly soiled.
Using hand sanitizer is something you use instead of washing your hands. Personally, I think washing your hands is better, but hand sanitizers kill germs just as well. By the way, you should always clean your hands after leaving a hospital.
I've found that quite a few hand sanitizers leave that icky feeling. Purell is one of the few that doesn't seem to. You were fine after using the sanitizer, it just feels off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Health Care © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net